Only one week left until the e-Tourism Seminar in Heraklion Crete, on 22 & 23 November!
Maximize Your Online Tourism Strategy: Tools & Tactics
Following the success of the first e-Tourism seminar in Athens, AbouTourism and E-tourism Frontiers, leading experts in Online Tourism, present the next seminar of the E-Tourism Seminars Roadshow to take place in Greece, this time in
Heraklion, Crete on 22 & 23rd November 2011, at the Heraklion Chamber of Commerce & Industry, room “Kastelaki”.
This two-day seminar is brought to you by the Municipality of Hersonissos, with the support of the Heraklion Hotels Association. IT support by EyeWide e-solutions.
With over 50% of all global tourism now being handled and booked online- and 96% of travellers calling the internet their first port of call for information about where they will travel, it is extremely important that tourism businesses in Greece and the wider region maximize the potential of the internet as a booking channel, and make much greater use of it in the management and marketing of their business online.
This practical and informative seminar will be presented by international experts and trainers and has been custom built for the Greek travel trade. The seminar is designed for anyone in the tourism industry looking to increase their use of the internet. The sessions will cover the essentials for a business to improve their online presence, use of the internet and social media and to better market their business and increase their online bookings and payments. Easy to understand, jargon free and practical, this affordable seminar is a must for anyone in the Greek Tourism and Travel trade to attend. More information & Registrations here.
The sessions will also feature walk throughs of appropriate, locally available solutions. At the seminar’s closing each attendee will receive a copy of the brand new book E-Tourism Frontiers Guide to eTourism.
Topics covered will include:
- How the Travel business has shifted online and why it is vital that destinations and businesses change the way they work
- How to develop an e-marketing and management strategy
- What are the key resources to have in place and how to set them up
- How to upgrade your website and manage it more effectively
- Online Advertising and Search Engine Optimization
- How to start taking online bookings and payments and to combine this with offline business in a safe and secure way
- The Social Media Toolbox- how to use Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and YouTube in your business
- How to encourage and help your customers to market you via social media and capitalize on User Generated Content
- How to produce, store, manage and publish photos, video and other media for your business
- The importance of mobile phones and devices for tourism businesses and how you can use them to make yourself more accessible online
Who Should Attend?
- Tourism Professionals
- Marketing Staff and Strategists
- Guest Houses and Bed and Breakfasts
- Tour Operators
- Travel Agents
- Destination Managers
- Public Sector Tourism officials
- Tourism Associations and Authorities
- ICT Professionals
- Bloggers and Content generators
Brought to you by the Municipality of Hersonissos
With the support of the Heraklion Hotel Association
IT Sponsor: EyeWide e-Services