VFM Leonardo has just released the results of its first Hotel E-Business Survey which provides a revealing look at what hotel e-business professionals are spending their online marketing budgets on. The survey unveiled some fascinating trends. Interestingly, the features that many e-business professionals are currently using do not align with those that they believe to be most effective.
64% of respondents believe that “hotel tours (combinations of guided spin, zoom imagery, videos or animation)” are very effective yet only 41% have deployed this tactic.
At a glance, the most effective rich media merchandising and social media tactics include:
* User ratings and rankings: 67%
* Hotel tours (combinations guided spin, zoom imagery, videos or animation): 66%
* User comments and reviews: 64%
* Videos for merchandising, advertising and demonstration: 60%
* 360 degree spins/panoramas: 49%
Click here for the full report